Thursday, January 22, 2009

What a Wonderlul Day in History!

Okay, this blog thing is hard to keep up with. Well, since my last post America has witnessed history and I am so happy and inspired by our new president and his family. I spent the MLK weekend in Dublin with my husband and I was so amazed at how the people there were excited about President Obama and wanted to celebrate the event.

We left Dublin on Monday night, so I wasn’t able to see first hand what kind of events they had going on Tuesday, but I did notice this at the TGI Fridays in Dublin, as well as posters around the city announcing events to celebrate the big day.


I spent the whole evening Tuesday night watching the Inauguration and was overcome with emotion and joy. My husband wasn’t as emotional as I was, but he did sit and watch about 4 hours of the event with me. I could tell he was getting a little bored after that – he tends to blab a when he’s disinterested with something. I took my one man party upstairs and continued to watch the events and I finally fell asleep during the parade. The time difference here really makes it hard, but thank God for the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment