Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Heart Dublin!

So, London has been knocked out of its number two spot and has been replaced with Dublin! Munich is my number one favorite city in the world (more so for sentimental reasons), and London use to be my second. Well Dublin has stolen my heart as well as the number two position on my list of favorite cities in the world.

Call me an idiot (or a typical American), but I did not know that they spoke English in Ireland… I know, I know, that’s pretty sad :-( Anyway, I had a great time here! Although a little pricey, Dublin is awesome. We spent the majority of our time exploring the streets and walking endlessly with no destination in mind. We tend not to plan things when we travel and just go wherever the wind blows. We stayed at the Best Western Academy Plaza, which is in a great location, right off of OConnell Street. My husband is a genius at finding great rates on the internet and Tripadvisor has never failed us on reviews and ratings.

We flew Ryan Air… If anybody has ever flown Ryan Air, then you know what an experience it can be. Since it’s just the two of us, we didn’t check any bags and carried on one bag each (which is all you’re allowed) no purses, no laptop bag… Just one bag, and it better not go over their weight limit (which is about 10 or 11 Kilos) and it better fit into their mock overhead bin that they have at the check in area. I can’t talk bad about Ryan Air, because their prices are amazing, and I believe this is the way they keep their prices so low. The flight was less then two hours and the trip from the Airport to the Hotel was about 15-20 minutes.

I don’t want to write a minute by minute review of our trip but I will highlight some of the things we did. My husband is a beer connoisseur, so we visited the Guinness Storehouse, which was interesting. He enjoyed it and he enjoyed the sampling and free pint you get at the end of the tour.

We spent our evenings eating (my favorite thing) and then we closed the night out at a Pub. We spent the majority of our nights at the Fitzsimons Pub, my husband loved this place. They were also showing the playoff games, which is rare to find in Europe. American Football isn’t very popular over here.

I wish I had more of a luggage allowance because the shopping is wonderful! The weather leaves a lot to be desired, it rained and even snowed a bit during our stay---but that didn't put a damper in our swagger.

I truly had a magnificent time here and I hope that we get a chance to come back and visit before we leave Europe.




This is how the Guinness is served at the storehouse.



AJ posing with the Guinness man.







AJ in front of the storehouse/museum



I found it amusing that they have a TK Maxx in Dublin - Especially since I use to work at TJ Maxx as a teenager.


These were seriously the best chips I ever had.



Hard Rock Dublin




Temple Bar

3 comments:

  1. Was TK Maxx any good??? Hahah! I can't down Guinness-- too thick, but I love it that they do the clover on top. Love your blog by the way..hope AJ gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW how do I contact you by email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelsey...

    My e-mail address is CandA2008@gmail.com – I can’t figure this blog thingy out – so I hope you get this. Oh and I’m on LHCF, username Quty_Bug.

    BTW T.K Maxx was exactly like T.J Maxx but I didn't have a chance to rummage through the racks (I'm always rushed when I shop with my hubby).

    I can't get to your blog anymore :(.. Hope you don't have a blog stalker or anything cuckoo like that. I really enjoy reading about your experiences in Japan. You totally inspired me to start this blog and it's a great way to keep my friends and family back home informed on what I’m up to over here.

    ReplyDelete