Sunday, June 28, 2009

Road Trip 2009!

In May AJ and I took a road trip to Spain for some sun and fun. Well, I just wanted to relax and SLEEP – but I went along with the fun.

It’s about a 10 hour drive from where we live to Spain, so we decided to break the drive up on our way there. We departed Germany at about 5P.M and stopped in Givors, France for the night.
Givors is kind of dull, but we were pretty exhausted when we got there – so we searched for food and went straight back to the room for some sleep.

We found the best little hidden Italian restaurant and had some great food – I can’t tell you the name of it or where exactly it was, but it was delicious.

Here is a picture of the Hotel – I think it was called the Kyriad
A picture of the view from our room
The town – Givors, France

The next morning we took off for Spain! The drive to Spain seemed pretty quick – I think that was just because we were excited.

Our time in Spain consisted of mostly relaxing in the room, sightseeing, relaxing on the beach, shopping, relaxing at the bars/pubs/clubs, eating and drinking (not in that particular order).

Anyway, Spain was AWESOME! We actually extended our vacation one day because we just couldn’t bring ourselves to leave. I really miss the beach and sunshine :(


Here are a few pictures…

On the balcony of our hotel room...

AJ trying to take a nap and me wanting a picture... AJ taking it all in... On the balcony... Sightseeing...


The drinks were 2 for 1...
Maybe I had one to many?

On the beach at night...
Sangria - some good stuff!
The spanish version of a Corona... The best Coffee ice cream i've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment